In order to build a list of subscribers, you will need certain tolls and services. Here are just a few.
You will need:
• An autoresponder service – An autoresponder service will store your database of your subscribers. You will also need an autoresponder service in order to easily send messages to your subscribers. The service will allow you to create subscription forms for different lists. Autoresponder services charge a monthly fee. The exact amount will depend on the service and may also depend on the size of your list. The basic fee is about $20 per month.
• A domain name- You will need to invest in a domain name so that you can set up a website where you can place your squeeze page or subscription form. Your domain name should include your main keyword. There is a yearly fee to register a domain. Expect to pay between $10 and $20 per year.
• A hosting service – You will need to invest in a service which will host your domain. The fee varies depending on factors such as the number of domains hosted, the storage space and the bandwidth. It is best to invest in a service that allows unlimited domains, storage and bandwidth so that your business can grow. Expect to pay about $11 to $20 per month.
• A HTML editor, squeeze page templates or software – You will need some way to create your squeeze/landing pages. You can create them yourself using an HTML editor, using pre-made templates or by using software. You can find free HTML editors, templates and software programs available on the internet. Many graphic packages offer free squeeze page templates. You can also find free and paid templates. There are various squeeze page software programs available, some of which will create basic, very plain-looking squeeze pages (not recommended) while others will allow you to build detailed and very attractive squeeze pages.
Of all three, I suggest using a software program as you will get more professional looking as well as unique results.
If you do decide to use a software program, I recommend that you purchase a software program instead of subscribing to a service where you can create your squeeze pages. This is because the software program will have a one-time charge of about $100 which allows you to create unlimited landing pages. A service will charge a monthly fee which can turn out to be very expensive over a period of time.
• Exit intent pop-up software – While not a requirement, exit intent software will help you to grow your subscriber list faster. There are various exit intent software programs offered on the internet as well as services. Again, I suggest purchasing a software program instead of subscribing to a service. Expect to pay $30 to $100 for a software program and anywhere from $10 to $30 or more per month for a service
• A tracking tool or service – Again while a tracking tool is not an absolute requirement, internet marketers know that in order to build a successful internet business, you need some way of measuring and tracking everything you do in order to optimize your promotional efforts and improve your return on investment (ROI). This is especially true for your list building efforts since a large portion of your income will come from those on your lists.
There are free as well as paid tracking tools and services available on the internet. Some services offer a free version for those marketers just starting out. However, as your business grows, tracking services can become very expensive, as much as $350 or more per month.