Self esteem is, most of the time, overlooked as an underlying issue to most if not all of life’s problems. I know that’s a huge statement but if you suffer from low self esteem then you may also suffer from shyness, depression, eating disorders, jealousy, drug addiction, alcoholism.
I truly believe that building your self esteem will help you live a more rewarding and enjoyable life.
That being said I have put together a list of 5 self esteem building activities you can do to build your self esteem in an instant. These were chosen from my website visitors as the ones that helped them out the most.
These activities are easy to do and best of all their free. All you have to do is be willing to step outside your comfort zone, open up your mind and commit. Which will not only build your self esteem but help you grow as a person in a lot of areas of your life.
Here we go…
1. Smile – yes a simple smile will help you build your self esteem and your self confidence. It will make you feel good about yourself. You’ll realize that you don’t have to frown all the time. You’ll also notice that when you start smiling more at people you’ll instantly receive more smiles in return.
2. Say to yourself or out loud if possible, “I love and accept myself.” But you must say it no less than 100 times in a day. This little activity comes from Louise Hay. Who in my opinion is the queen of positive affirmations.
3. Write in a journal. When you sit down to write, don’t hold back. Everything that pops into your head, write it down. This will help relieve you of the constant chatter that’s going on in your head. You need to get all those thoughts that keep circling around and around in your head on paper where they belong so that you can stop thinking about them. This will also help you make room for more positive and rewarding thoughts.
4. Make an “I’m grateful for” list. Write down everything your grateful for. Even if at the time it seems minor or insignificant. You’ll find from doing this self esteem activity that you have a lot of things in your life that you are currently taking for granite. But once you become aware of this, you can start giving thanks for everything and start attract more good into your life.
5. Make peace with yourself. Yes! Right now, forgive yourself for anything and everything you feel ashamed of or guilt about. These feelings of shame and guilt will keep you stuck in the past for years to come if you don’t get rid of them now. Give yourself a clean slate. A fresh start.
Well there you have the best self esteem building activities chosen by people who are actively building an accepting and loving relationship with themselves.
If you will actively put these activities into action, you will notice a difference in your self esteem level very soon.
If you can’t find the time today to do these building activities, then when?
The time to start feeling better about yourself is now. You have to make it a priority in your own personal life. No one else is going to do it for you.
I’m here to help you of course, but I can’t do it for you either. I want you to feel the positive feelings that arise when you take responsible for your own life and the results you get from your actions.