A Niche Website
I've heard that there are well over 3 billion and closer to 4b internet surfers as of 2017. That's such a huge number of potential viewers to your website with the sales revenue to go along with the visitors. This can proceed from day to day, 24/7 month after month, indefinitely. Listed in this article are 12 Great Reasons To Have A Niche Website.
There is the potential to draw or attract 100,000's of visitors to your site via various methods like article writing for sites and online publications, social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, etc., email marketing and many other methods including paid traffic.
All of these individuals from all over the world are looking for information of some sort, answers to their questions or solutions to problems and also they are looking to purchase something at the end of their search.
When your website is up and running a percentage of that internet traffic will be drawn to your site via Google search engines as well as Bing, Yahoo and the rest. Your site will show up in the search engine results pages or serp's, and searchers will click on your listing and be directed to your piece of the online real estate. They will read the site content and see what it is that you are offering that answers their search query. So you'll be helping these people and earning revenue in the process.
When you build up a niche site that will attract daily visitors your internet space becomes your point of contact with your chosen and targeted audience. Your website becomes the online platform and market where you share and care for your audience and all of those browsing the internet.
Why have a niche site
Is the whole point of having your website to simply sell a product (s) to a faceless crowd of individuals that come to our marketplace and buy with as little interacting as possible? Or is the purpose of your internet business to serve and help others in some way, to solve their problems, help them acquire information and / or purchase a product or two sold from your site?
I hope that you choose the latter of the two for a mindset because the first method will not reap the rewards as well as the latter and the visitors will possibly not be comfortable enough to make a purchase but jump to another site with more personality and service in mind.
You should choose a niche that excites you, one that you want to be active within as you build up your website and create a special place, on your internet real estate property, that will continue to grow in value as time goes by.
By answering questions, offering them quality content, on relevant topics and being there to help them in any way, the chances of them coming back and maybe even making a purchase increase. You become their authority on the subject and they become a long time customer or client of yours if all goes well. You can also recommend or promote your own or someone else's eBooks, motivational books, videos and other things related to the website niche that your visitors would like and find useful.
The important thing to remember is that real people are reading, searching and need help. They should be kept in mind before each article is written and their comments answered within a day or two.
Here are 12 great reasons to have a niche website:
- Low Start-Up Cost: The financial investment for creating your own website and getting started in an online business pales in comparison to starting a brick and mortar business. For example: To start a small house painting business one would need a dependable truck, van, storage, spray machines, pressure washer, cash on hand for any number of unexpected costs that might arise, including the repair of the vehicles and machines. All of this totals thousands just to get started. Need I go on … An online business can be started and built up to a thriving revenue earning site for a few hundred dollars per year.
- Having your own product is not required: There are millions of products, items, and services that you can become an affiliate to and sell online, ex. Amazon, eBay, Home Depot, CJ Affiliates, Bass Pro and hundreds of others. There are so many products that someone can promote and make a sales commission that the hardest part is to choose just what it is that you want to promote first.
- No Overhead Cost: There are no offices to rent and electricity bills to pay each month or employees to hire with the taxes and workman's compensation insurance and more, all needing to be prepaid and regularly paid. In the case of an online business, all that you really need is a laptop computer, an outlet to plug into and an internet connection.
- No Storage Space Required: Most offline service businesses need to have or rent a storage space for their machines, office equipment and materials. With an online business, everything is stored on the computer, backed up and easy to access.
- Focus on drawing targeted customers: With a good keyword tool you can get in-depth statistics on exactly what "keywords" are used to search for an item, how many times per month and how much competition there is within that keyword. Much more information can be gained from a good keyword tool (Jaaxy Enterprise Keyword Tool) so that you can target a specific like-minded group for your outreach efforts.
- No handling customer refunds or complaints: This is a good one as the affiliate just promotes the product and leaves the customer refunding and complaints to that merchant's department. The affiliate doesn't want to promote a product with a high return rate or one with a lot of complaints as there are millions of other products to promote.
- Write about topics that interest you: By choosing your website niche you're also choosing the subject that you will be writing a lot of quality usable content on. Information that internet surfers can find and use to find answers, solve their problems, show them how to do something, or purchase a product.
- You can earn passive income: Revenue that you earn even though you aren't actively working. Another name for passive income is residual income. With such a huge online audience there are many affiliates earning six and seven figure incomes. Most affiliates also have more than one website and some have many.
- Even while you're sleeping your site is always open: This is awesome as your site is open for business in every zip code or region, 24/7, whether you're sleeping or on vacation. No need to hire someone to watch the store and take care of customer issues.
- Work from home or anywhere: Another great reason for an online business is that you can be anywhere that there's an internet connection and with your laptop, you can completely run your business. It doesn't matter if you are in China or the US, with an internet connection you can run your business 24/7 from anywhere in the world.
- Will generate sales income for years to come: Once the niche website is built up and starts earning revenue each month you'll keep on building and growing the business and it will bear fruit for you indefinitely and the sky's the limit as to your options and potentials.
- One site is all you need to earn a full-time monthly income: This is so true, however, when you start making money online you will see other ways to earn and naturally branch out from there. Enjoy the journey but one site properly built up and optimized can pay all of your bills and much more.
- You can have multiple websites: How many websites can you handle, some affiliates have ten or more. You can have a cool Amazon site, one for eBay, ClickBank, etc, all earning a very nice monthly income. That's how many affiliates get into the six and seven figure earnings.
Make sure that you only recommend things that are of quality and items that you would purchase for yourself. Only sell quality products because your reputation will grow continuously as time goes by, and that reputation should be for promoting quality products. Your role as an affiliate is to give an honest opinion and advice based on up to date information. You should feel like you are helping them make a wise choice or decision. I've listed only a few but there are more than 12 great reasons to have a niche website.